2020 has certainly been a year of challenges and Pleasant Valley Farm has implemented many changes due to Covid 19. Most of these new online selling ventures have been great, however they increased our work-load! The customer support has been tremendous and we are so thankful. As we slow down and figure out the best direction for our farm, family and amazing farm team, we have made some decisions we would like you to be aware of.
The biggest change is farmers’ markets, which we have attended since 1986. Glens Falls and Saratoga markets have been a tremendous resource for us to sell our produce, plants, and flowers, and over the 34 years, we have never missed one market! We were on both Boards of Directors for 17 and 7 years respectively, active in special events/advertising, helped start Clifton Park, Troy, and Queensbury markets, worked with the cities to get the buildings built, and started the winter markets…. And had a fantastic time doing all that and more with Paul’s parents at our side during most of it! Most importantly, we were able to provide healthy, organic produce to the communities, restaurants and businesses through the markets.
With Covid still going strong, we have decided to NOT attend farmers’ markets after Saturday, November 21st until further notice. This has been a very difficult situation, but the safety of ourselves, family and customers is very important to us, as well as having less stress and enjoying life more (and grandson!). We are likely however going to attend the Saratoga Christmas market on December 19th and possibly more during the winter/spring depending on supply and manpower…so stay tuned for final details. Both farmers’ markets have an array of hard-working farmers and vendors which we hope you will support in our absence. We have mentored and worked with many over the years and we are proud of those who continue to farm, which isn’t always easy. Of special note are Owl Wood, Green Jeans, Echo Creek, Freshtake and Alleged Farm, and we will miss seeing them each week along with many other vendors.
HOWEVER, the GOOD NEWS is that our high tunnels are filled with beautiful greens, the root cellar and warm storage areas are packed with over 20 tons of root crops, onions, garlic, etc.! We look forward to supplying our customers each week through our home delivery and pre-order systems that we have been doing since that fateful day March 14th when Covid 19 took over our lives! We also are fortunate to be able to partner with other fantastic local farms to supply you cheese, fish, apples, baked goods, fruit, honey, soaps, and maybe more as we rein in our work-load. Below is a summary of what we know is happening with our lives for now, and we thank you for your patronage to our farm and family. We are truly blessed in many ways.
Our schedule going forward:
- We will NOT be doing any Home delivery run or preorders during the week of Thanksgiving (November 26th to 30th) so that our family and crew can have a little well-earned time off and some of us travel.
- DECEMBER: All home deliveries and pre-order pickups will move to Saturdays starting December 5th with the deadline to order LIKELY being Thursday by 9AM and the store opened on Mondays. Options for Pre-order pickups will be in Saratoga, Glens Falls, and our farm. Final details to come!
- SARATOGA FARMERS MARKET: We have no committed days of attending after November 21st but will make a decision based on product and manpower and keep everyone posted. We plan on attending the Christmas market December 19th at this time in Saratoga.
- PICKUP LOCATION GF DECEMBER: Glens Falls will be at Dickinson Delight’s brand-new facility on 122 Bay Street every Saturday starting December 5th and likely 9:30AM to 11:30AM. It has a wrap-around driveway, parking in back, and we can accommodate folks inside to take their items out of crates or outside if better for you. More details to come.
- PICKUP LOCATION SARATOGA DECEMBER: Pickup will be at 26A Congress Street at Moby Rick’s new location in Saratoga. Details on time still to come but if the hours stay the same then we will have someone there from 11am to 1pm to handle orders.
Sorry this is so long, but we wanted to express our heartfelt thanks to everyone this year….customers, vendors, markets, boards, etc….. who helped make it and continue to make it a successful year. It’s been like no other for sure. 2021 is planned to be a fun year where we can do some farm tours again and maybe even some events.
For now, we wish you all a wonderful holiday season and let us know if you have any questions. Call, email, text… we love hearing from all of you.
Blessings and stay healthy,
Paul, Sandy, Robert, Kim, Peyton, Chase, and Anne
Saratoga Farmers' Market, May-Oct
|12866 Saratoga Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866, USA||Wednesdays 3:00pm – 6:00pm|
Saturdays 9:00am – 1:00pm
May – October
High Rock Park Pavilions
Saratoga Farmers' Market, Nov-Apr
|65 S Broadway, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866, USA||Saturdays 9:00am – 1:00pm
November – April
Lincoln Baths building
Glens Falls Farmers' Market, May-Oct
|19 South St, Glens Falls, NY 12801, USA|
Glens Falls Farmers' Market, Nov-Apr
|10 Sanford St, Glens Falls, NY 12801, USA|
Four Seasons Natural Foods
|120 Henry St, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866, USA|
|454 Broadway, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866, USA|
Lilly & The Rose Catering
|2128 Doubleday Ave, Ballston Spa, NY 12020, USA|
|Scribner Library, Perimeter Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866, USA|
The Inn on Gore Mountain
|711 Peaceful Valley Rd, North Creek, NY 12853, USA|
Adirondack Natural Foods
|63 Main St, South Glens Falls, NY 12803, USA|
Henry Street Taproom
|44 Lake Ave, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866, USA|